Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My new view on Dharana...


Before Xander Everest came into my life, I truly had no idea how my life was going to change. I wasn't naive in that I didn't think it wouldn't change, I just couldn't imagine the enormity of those changes. As a yoga practitioner for 15years and a teacher for 9years I thought I was good at being in the present moment. I thought I had worked on dharana, focus and concentration, while practicing postures and breath work. I thought I had achieved some modicum of staying in the present moment through my meditation practice... ah hubris...
Birth, I can say for sure, will change your outlook on yourself, your body and what you are able to endure. Nobody comes out the other side unchanged...
Slowly as you unfurl into parenthood one thing is certain, this little bundle of joy is looking to you for sustenance, for warmth, for love and for attention. And they know if YOU are not paying attention to them, or even being present with them. My son will let me know immediately if my mind goes elsewhere... he wants me fully... no sharing with computer or book... all my attention and focus must be his. Bless him for it! I don't think I've ever been around anyone who was SO in to me... it's humbling to say the least. His smile breaks my heart into a thousand pulsating pieces, and when he reaches his little had to my face, I want to cry. He holds no grudges, no judgments, no resentments... he is pure love and present moments. He is truly a teacher to behold...

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Welcome to blogland, Ana P! Sooooo funny, you chose the same template I did for my very first blog, ages ago, I haven't written on it for years (OMG that was 6 YEARS AGO) but you can find it at www.weedsofcontemplation.blogspot.com. Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete