Monday, March 8, 2010

Gotta Earn It


Funny... I came across a Marilyn Monroe quote today and it made me think about Xander.
Here's the quote:
"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure.
I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle.
But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

It reminded me that I have to earn the title of Mother. I signed up to raise a human being, and at times, it ain't so pretty. Growing up is hard... it's frustrating... and sometimes it hurts. Xander is sometimes grumpy, tired or fussy, and he doesn't have the freedom to fix whatever is bothering him on his own. He has to rely on me and hope that I understand what he's asking.
Even on the particularly "bad" days, I'm always rewarded with a stellar smile and a clutching hug... I gotta earn this title... I want to deserve him at his best.

No comments:

Post a Comment