Saturday, April 3, 2010

Play dates


"Friendship is born at the moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one.'" - C.S. Lewis

One of the most rewarding and fun experiences Xander and I have together are play dates. Every week we go see our little cousin Zoe, who is 2years old. Xander is utterly fascinated with her and watches her like a hawk... studying every nuance and movement. When in the car together, Zoe holds his hand sometimes, and recently he's started reaching for her!

But I have to say, I think his favorite play date is with Josephine... she's a pretty little girl, just 2 months older than him. Her mama and I used to swim at Barton Springs while pregnant during those hot Texas summer months, and I swear, they energetically remember each other! Everytime he sees her, his face breaks out into a HUGE smile. I swear, they are Pebbles and Bam Bam... he hasn't yet clubbed her but he has taken her toys... Ah, the courtship begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment